Get me to the Greek!

With Nicholas being such a powerful Greek name, and have always fancied myself as a Greek god with flowing locks and chiselled abs of steel, neither of which I have, of course. It's apt that Greek food is my favourite food. Yes dear reader, it's another restaurant review. With the dreaded holiday season upon us, it was time to tune up the band and head to Zorbas Greek restaurant. Located on Radford Road in Coventry (ten minutes walk from the city centre)

Offering both dine-in and takeaway options, and with a 4.5/5 rating on google from over 500+ reviews, this was a place I had very much been looking forward to trying. Although lingering fears from my friend's last trip to a  Greek restaurant in Oxford, whereby many drinks were consumed, including 'egg cocktails'  from Hanks Bar, which resulted in one friend being so utterly plastered(UK slang for very drunk) he fell and smashed his face on the floor resulting in a concussion. But I digress, lets's get to Zorbaz.

Location and layout

Being  a short walk from the city centre makes it a perfectly pleasant place for an evening meal, before walking to town for a night out, whilst not close to Warwick University, it would only be one bus ride to take, however, it's perfect for (Yuck..  ) Coventry Uni students in terms of Locale. Note- just messing Cov students- nothing wrong with being second best ;). The layout is perfectly pleasing, neat and tidy- with comfortable chairs and an enjoyable display:

Nothing to complain about here- 5 Nik-Knacks

Menu

The Menu had plenty of options, however due to us going during the season of festive cheer- Ho Ho No. can't get into it- I just don't like Christmas. There was a 'festive menu' running alongside the normal menu which offered selected dishes and 3-course meals for £25, which one member of our party plumped for and the rest opted for the 'normal menu'. Some 'action shots' are featured below:

Meatball starter



Steak Main (Side Quest- Steak is a Homophone of Stake, Do you know what Homophones are? let me know in the comments and I will give you the answer in my next blog)

This was my main- the 'Alex the Great Mixed Grill' (disappointed it wasn't called the Nick the great mixed grill) Whilst it is one of the most expensive things on the menu at £24.95- it's worth every penny. It was delicious

There are also Veggie options, including:

Stuffed Tomatoes & Peppers

£15.95

Famous Greek dish of tomatoes and peppers stuffed with rice, finely chopped vegetables and flavoured with various herbs. Served with Greek potatoes, salad and a slice of feta cheese (optional).


With various Greek drinks on offer including Mythos and Alfa, the menu more than meets requirements. 5 Nik-Knacks
If you want to browse the menu yourself, you can do that here: Menu for Greek gods

Price

Whilst my meal was quite expensive as you can see from the image above- I got a lot for my money and with the festive menu being extremely well priced (25 for three courses) the prices are more than reasonable

It's another perfect score here 5 Nik-knacks

Summary

Having looked forward to trying this restaurant for a long time, it did not disappoint. Delicious food, reasonable prices- healthy drinks selection. and very friendly staff, who even gave our party a complimentary shot of Ouzo each at the end of the meal. I can't recommend this place highly enough, so get yourself a taste of Athens this Christmas, roll on down to Zorbaz and take advantage of the three-course festive meal whilst you still can. Or be a fat git like me and take the Alex the Great Grill if you think you can handle it...

Zorbaz lands a perfect 5 Nik-Knaks!


Bye for now, happy holidays!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, Sandy. Well, you came and you wrote a blog, that I am reviewing today, Oh, Sandy

I know you are in cahoots, with Kahoot!

I beg your pardon??? I never promised you a Quest.Garden