Saizeriya Heroes

 Size Zero Her No Saizeriya Heroes!!

 

Saizeriya!


Hong Kong, Mong Kok, Nathan Rd,

Yes yes I know, I said I would be updating more regularly, and again it's been ruddy ages, however from now- I will endeavour to post at least one blog every two weeks, maybe more if I'm feeling particularly saucy!

I said I would review more of the amazing eateries in Hong Kong, so today we are taking a look at the place that quickly became one of my favourites, primarily on account of how spectacularly cheap it was. Always a good thing for a penny pincher ;).  So, on with the review.

Location and layout

Location is very handy, whilst my review will be focussed primarily on the Mong Kok Saizeriya, it is a chain, with multiple locations across Hong Kong, so you will never be far away should you fancy trying it out after this review.  Saizeriya is actually a Japanese owned company, having been founded in Japan and advertised as family-style Italian yōshoku restaurants, as well as Japan and Hong Kong, they have a presence in Taiwan, China and Singapore.

The layout is nice, with tables a reasonable distance apart. as shown below: although the restaurant itself can get a bit crowded, and on busy days you will have to wait outside with a ticket until your number is buzzed.

The location is excellent, the layout is good,  just needs a little bit more space.

A very solid 4.5 Nik-Knacks





Menu

My last blog looked at the Transformers restaurant and the biggest sticking point there was the lack of options on the menu, no such problems here with a healthy selection of starters and an extensive list of mains, plus a nice selection of desserts. Absolutely no problem here and I have posted some of the menu pages below.

Drinks are another winner here, with beer, cider, and wine on offer if you fancy a tipple, or if you are not that way inclined the 'drinks bar' is superb, for a set fee as many soft and hot drinks as you like, in a help yourself style scenario.

Mains
The desserts
Starters


Choices Choices, so many choices! an easy 5 Nik-Knacks.



Price

Well look, I already touched on this, but if you are looking for a reasonably priced munch in Hong Kong, well my friend, you have found it.  One Beer is 20HKD. One Cider is 16HKD. And the drinks bar I mentioned? 13HKD!  
and food?  All the starters are priced between 20 and 30 HKD.  The main courses are between 30 and 40HKD  and desserts average at 20HKD

The last time I went here, I went with my roommate, for three starters, two main courses, and two desserts. three ciders and four beers The total bill was 230 Hong Kong dollars. UN- BEE- LEIV-ABLE.  So the next time someone is complaining about how expensive HK is - send them down to Saizeriya.

Was there any doubt about this part?  It's a barnstorming 5 Nik-Knacks!!



Summary

To borrow some Shania Lyrics,  So, you got a great menu? "That don't impress a me much"  So you are great value? "That don't impress a me much"

But what does impress me, as it's a food review, is the taste, so how does Saizeriya fare here? Well, the first time I went I ordered the crispy chicken starters and the popcorn shrimp starters.  Both of these were delightful, but the shrimp were a personal favourite, so much so I ordered a second round of them before the mains. Popcorn shrimp shown below (20HKD) 

I followed this with a chicken and mushroom pizza for 30 HKD again, shown below:


Both of these dishes were absolutely tremendous,  but I have been several times since and tried many of the other dishes on the menu and all of them were delightful.

For dessert, of course I had this ....thing. I don't remember it's name- but again 20HKD and so so tasty.



All of this was washed down by several bottles of Kronenbourg served cold and at a low low price. Beautiful.

So, it's easily accessible, and the food and drink are both cheap and delicious.   You can order take-away (which I have also done and it was just as tasty at home) I'm finding it very hard to find flaws here!  The only negative as far as I can see is that they don't do delivery (on any of the sites- Foodpanda, deliveroo etc) however as mentioned they are all over HK, so the odds are you probably live within walking distance from one, and if you do, and you haven't yet tried it- What's that matter with you???? get down there! 

So overall, you may have noticed throughout this review, that I'm a bit of a fan of this restaurant, so is there any doubt?  It's well deserved thumping 5 Nik-Knacks for Saizeriya.  



Now get me some popcorn shrimp!!

Heh...




See you soon spoons!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, Sandy. Well, you came and you wrote a blog, that I am reviewing today, Oh, Sandy

I know you are in cahoots, with Kahoot!

I beg your pardon??? I never promised you a Quest.Garden